Gamblers Anonymous Forum

Full Version: One day at a time.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So here i am again day 3 into recovery. I first foung GA in around 1999 and had 17 years recovery and all the blessings that go with it. Until that little voice in my head convinced me to have a bet. It will be ok i convinced myself. Well the inevitable happened and the gambling bug was quickly all consuming. I have had good periods gambling free in the 4 years since but couldn't quite crack it. But i will never stop trying and am here again in the only place i need. yours in recovery Keith
Hi Keith,

Really sorry you've had to go through what you have with this addiction.

I'm reminded daily that as much as i wish it to the addiction never really disappears. It may quieten down and the symptoms may ease but given the right circumstances and opportunity, it can rear its ugly head back.

Sadly this is experience speaking, but the best thing i did was to get back to the tools that helped me so well at times....as well as recognising i may need to add one or two others....

Wish you well and keep in touch...

Smartie xx
(11-02-2020, 04:50 PM)smartie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Keith,

I'm reminded daily that as much as i wish it to the addiction never really disappears.  It may quieten down and the symptoms may ease but given the right circumstances and opportunity, it can rear its ugly head back.

Sadly this is experience speaking, but the best thing i did was to get back to the tools that helped me so well at times....as well as recognising i may need to add one or two others....

Smartie xx
Thanks Smartie. Applying the steps and tackle it a day at a time. Keith
(11-02-2020, 04:50 PM)smartie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Keith,

I'm reminded daily that as much as i wish it to the addiction never really disappears.  It may quieten down and the symptoms may ease but given the right circumstances and opportunity, it can rear its ugly head back.

Smartie xx
Thank you. Step one complete. Step two is also done handed my will over to my higher power of my own understanding. We can only tackle this illness one dsy at a time. Thank You.