Gamblers Anonymous Forum

Full Version: 4 weeks in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well after signing up to Gamstop. This has prevented me from joining any online gambling it has allowed me to get back into reading books and doing all sorts of craft tbings. I have tried adult painting by numbers. crocheting and now signed up for some online project management courses.
Brenda6155

Congratulations with your progress and your onward journey in recovery.

Once I stopped gambling it was amazing the amount of time I had to take up old and new hobbies alike.
I use to love reading before my gambling days, but never had the time or patience for it when I was in action, I believed it was a waste of my time and wasn't exciting enough for me, I had to use my time to gamble and to go into my dream world and escape reality.

Today 870 days since my last bet I have plenty of time for my reading, especially all the Gamblers Anonymous literature like the Orange book, 12 Steps, and I recently read the New Life magazine for the first time which is available on this website, and what powerful shares were within and they will benefit my own recovery. The volunteers are doing a excellent job with the magazine and long may it continue.

I hope you can get yourself to a meeting as soon as it's safe, there's a saying in GA........Meetings make it.

In Unity
Martin
Well done Brenda.

The fog of gambling will lift completely soon and you will be in an even clearer headspace.

Please join a zoom meeting whilst lockdown is on, and when it lifts go to a regular face to face meeting, it will help you with your recovery.