Gamblers Anonymous Forum

Full Version: update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Craig

Hi, I have made previous posts but still ended up gambling. I have now officially given up and it has been 7 days and the feeling to gamble is still there but I’m trying to control it. My goal was to quit before Christmas and New Year knowing I can start a fresh year without having the need to gamble online anymore. Let’s hope that it works and everyone thinking about giving up make sure you make it your new years resolution, although I did that last year and it took 12 months, so make sure you stick with it!! Good luck and have good xmas and new year!

Steve

Well done for your excellent start and try and keep it going.

This year is the first year I have been able to buy my daughter Christmas presents. She is 5 years old so that kind of says it all.

Stick at it mate and take it 1 day at a time.

My name is Steven, I'm a proud dad of a little girl and I am a compulsive gambler.

tj

Hi Craig and wellcome to gamblers anonymous.
Recovery is much bigger than the person realises when embarking initially on the journey , its also massively more rewarding than you can imagine , and the more hard work you put in the greater the reward is felt in all aspects of your life .Admitting defeat and being open to help and support is often the key .The experience and knowledge you need is only held with others who have lived and felt the addiction as you do , so get to GA as there the friendship and support is waiting to greet and support you ....