Gamblers Anonymous Forum

Full Version: How much energy and effort am I willing to do to be healthy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

My name is Dave of Beckenham. I am a compulsive Gambler! Today my pains from my past are being nurtured and healed, my fears willingly faced and frustrations resolved by accepting the understanding of the serenity wisdom and I live a much healthier spiritual life today, I am healthier and stronger in myself than ever before in my life simply JUST one day at a time.

Do I think or feel that money is about control.

Do I think or feel that money is a way of me expressing my feelings towards another person?

Do I think or feel that money will resolve any on my emotional issues today?

Is my recovery balanced or is my recovery just another obsession?

Is there any period of my life that was so painful that I am not able to talk about it today?

Do I feel that today I have not identified the reason for my reactions in certain circumstances?

Is my computer a device that I am obsessed with or is it a tool which I use wisely?

Do I any way feel inept inadequate insecure immature irresponsible do I feel I have lack of confidence or low self esteem.

Am I able to give of myself unconditionally without hidden motives today?

Is there anything I want to create or design that my inner child wants to get out?

Do I do anything out of guilt shame duty or resentfully?

Is there any one person in my life that I need to make amends to

Do I have balance in my life, 8 hours to fulfill my needs time, 8 hours to fulfill my want to do time, and can I say I am able to have 8 hours sleep time?

How much more do I need to expose of myself so that people can see me completely exposed to the core?

Am I going to be serene and free of fear when they cut my arm open from my elbow to the bottom of my arm pit?

I say I have complete trust in that surgeon does that mean that today I that I have complete trust in myself?

Is my faith in that surgeon person from my heart of from logic?

Am I willing to accept the very worst that can happen that I could die or lose my right arm?

Do I fear death today?

Do I fear living today?

Do I fear getting old today?

Do I fear failing or fear succeeding?

Gambling was a complete waste of time and energy there was nothing healthy in the thinking that I could get something for nothing, in that way of thinking I was cheating myself of achieving things with my life.

Sadly when consumed and obsessed there was very little spiritual healthy interaction with those people I was suppose to love unconditionally.

How can so many people be confused by an obsession, for some it is love, for some it is a place to numb out, for some people they think it is the only way to feel they have achieved something with their life by having that big win.

Being successful for me is about my actions achieving something which is important to me and that I value.

I use to think that money was one of the most important things in my life, how could I come to that way of thinking, who programmed me in to thinking money was everything.

I know that in my child hood parents used to give me money and gifts to say that they loved me or to say sorry after I was treated painfully.

If in my thinking I can justify causing another person or creature pain in any way then I am not following spiritual values.

The more effort and energy I put in to my recovery the healthier I became. The more effort and energy I put in to my recovery the less confused and more focused I became. The more effort and energy I put in to my recovery the more faith confidence and hope I gained in myself.

The more effort and energy I put in to my recovery the more I had to offer other people in recovery.

In recovery I learned how important nurturing and encouraging is in my growth, that deep down we often know what we need to do but have lost our way.

It is no longer important what people think of me, if they love me that is their problem not mine if they hate me that is their problem not mine.

I am not a sales man selling some thing; there is no commission nothing to gain by my actions other than get pleasure by seeing other people get to be healthy and spiritual once more.

We are born with spiritual values; sadly due to painful trauma and poor child hood programming we lose sight of those spiritual values.

There has been a tendency for people to transfer their pains fear and frustrations on to other people, because there are not able to too process those feelings in a healthy way.

Dysfunctional was just a word for me years ago, now I can see and feel it in so many people and such behavior can only be reversed one people make a choice that hurting other people is no longer acceptable in our self.

Do I understand today the deeper reasons behind each one of the spiritual values today, that each spiritual value embraced is important in to my character building such as healthy unconditional loving unconditional giving forgiving apologizing caring trusting trust worthy patience tolerance humility sincere honest faithful loyal optimistic self assured and well self balanced punctual courteous respectful considerate grateful content productive creative constructive nurturing sharing encouraging optimistic cooperative aware content stable humble open minded self confident calm proud love and serene.

How much more effort and energy am I willing to put in to my recovery and spiritual growth today?

Love and peace to everyone.

Dave