Gamblers Anonymous Forum

Full Version: Success, for now.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mo8865

Hi, I just want to let everyone know that I have been bet free for 110 days. I have spent the last 110 days wondering what on earth I did with my life for 27 years. Attending GA meetings have literally saved my relationship, my sanity, my dignity and my life.
My whole perspective on everything has changed and I am a better person for not gambling. I thought that at the first sing of pressure or anykind of letdown, I would be staight on the fruits or online bingo. It hasn't happened that way. I got rejected for a job just yesterday, a job that I thought I was perfect for, but hey I'm not perfect, and I did not even think about gambling. I f that had happened 4 months ago I would have gone mad with the betting.
I am a better person now and that is down to attending GA meetings and having a goal in my life, bot the goal of the big win, or the next ones gonna pay out, but the goal of a better life for me and my partner. Thank you GA, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me

amber0805

Hi Mo. Well done. Keep it up. Im fairly new to G A . Been going for about 5 weeks now. My last bet was 14 jan. I agree with you that the meetings are a great place for you to join. Its the fellowship that keeps you going. Each day is new and each day without gambling is great acheivment. Carry on with the success. x