Gamblers Anonymous Forum

Full Version: Online Bingo Addiction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gailyt

Hi there,

Im in the same situation as yourself. Except my husband doesnt know the FULL extent of my problem. I have spent all morning trying to find software that you can download to stop you gambling online. I started with the bingo, then progressed to slots.

I have tried telling hubby but he thinks im being daft and dont have a problem. My friends just laugh at me and think its nothing. I cant bring myself to tell them exactly how much Im spending. Every night I get kids in bed and laptop out and get onto the site. Before I know it, I have lost hundreds. I dont sleep at night for worry, I hate myself for being so damn stupid !!

I have tried doing different things, but the urge sometimes is too much. I tell myself, "just a small amount", but next thing its a large amount and nothing to show for it.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated. Good luck to you. x

helen

Hi sam, Mandy etc, Don't do what I did! I gambled away everything, including husband, family, car, home. When I finally admitted I had an addiction to gambling and started in the Ga program I nothing else to lose, but you can reclaim your life back just ' A Day at a Time', by following and implementing the 12 steps. There is no magic cure and I will have this illness for the rest of my life but I love the life I have today and hopefully I can help other people coming here for help. If you have any questions, please come here and someone will come along to answer for you.
Cheers
Helen

BigDave Wrote:Hi Sam

So, how did the meeting go?

Big Dave (Eastcote/Uxbridge)

Hi Dave

Its tonite am getting very nervous

Sam