Gamblers Anonymous Forum

Full Version: My first post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

shaunsmitht

Hi, my names Shaun at i'm 28 and finally after years of lieing to myself and everybody round me, i have admitted that i have a gambling problem. I have told my family and to my suprise they have supported me which has been great if not slightly overwelming...

My problem first started when i won a lot of money on the horses and instead of buying a new car and putting the rest in a savings account. You guessed it, i blew it all. I then convinced myself that as i had won big before i would again and i have now racked up thousands in credit and loan debt and i'm currently suspended from my work pending disciplenery actions.

Even though all this is going on, i haven't had a bet in 5 days and i'm adement i will not give in and i'm attending my first GA meeting tomorrow.

I will update this thread as i go along but just wanted to say hi and also a big thanks to the guys in the live chat that i have just spoken to. It was really good to talk to people that understand what i'm going through.

Speak soon.

Shaun

shaunsmitht

Update on my last week.

I attended my first GA session last monday which was really good even though for some reason i was nervous and i attended my second session this monday which also went well. I feel that these meetings are invaluable and i can see the benefit in attending already.

The one day at a time really works for me as there is so much going on that if i looked any further forward i would not be able to cope.

Long way to go but i'm at least on the road.

Still not had a bet since 7th July.

Shaun