Gamblers Anonymous Forum

Full Version: maidstone meeting......very anxious!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ownworstenemy

hi im new and am hoping to attend the maidstone meeting....
im quite anxious and nervous,
will i be the only girl and will i be forced to talk?
im not very great with crowds so are the maidstone meeting very busy?
thanks very much in advance

PatrickWes

Hi own,

I myself am a compulsive gambler and only recently seeked help, went to my first meeting last thursday. I was really nervous to start with, thought there was no way I was going to be able to speak and didn't think I would feel one bit comfortable. But I was made to feel so welcome and rather than feeling ashamed, embarassed and uncomfortable it was far from it. I felt releived to see and speak to so many people with the same problem that truly truly understand. It was awesome words can't describe how uplifting it was. I commented on a couple of "therapys" (thats what they call it when people talk) and gave my own. Please give it a go. I am 26 and have been a compulsive gambler since a very early age and over the years spiralled out of control. I knew I needed help and couldn't do it alone and found help. Now I feel I can beat this as I hope you will and do. One day at a time. I last gambled monday 18th july 2011. Good luck.

My name is Dave and I am a compulsive gambler.