Gamblers Anonymous Forum

Full Version: My problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sean89

Hi I have only recently come out as a gambler. It only started as just a couple of small football acumalator and turned in to a everyday thing and eventually took over my life i started when i was 17 turning 18 and i am now 22 and has become my life. I have only just started to actually think i have a promblem now after i have lost the most amount of money i have ever had. I got given a large inheirentence and i ended up spending ever penny down the bookies. I have let down everybody around me and i am about to gamble the best thing and thats my fiancee. I really need help to get over this and get the better of it. I no i have the willpower to do it. I have made sure i have no access to any money now and that has helped a huge amount but the urge is still there.So far im beating it and feel better, better than any win.
thank you reading
Hi Sean,

Welcome to the GA forum...

Sure you've had a good read around on this site and I hope you've noticed the location of your nearest GA meeting if you want any help in your recovery...

I use many blockers in my recovery also and access to money is only one of the many tools i have in my toolkit...

Let us know how your getting on...

Smartie