Gamblers Anonymous Forum

Full Version: my first day of admittance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi New..

the online meet is there to give you an insight how ga works...Its at 9pm on Thursday evening in the Meeting room in the online chat..all welcome

Its far from ideal but you;ll just need to be more inventive with your recovery..

Started with me with a daily desire to accept i'm powerless over this addiction...

See you then
Smartie

BigDave

There are many people who come here looking for help that have a 'phobia' about going to a meeting. The truth is (and I can only speak for myself) the only help for this illness is within a GA meeting.

The comfort I receive within a meeting is second to none, and I can often feel just as at home in a GA meeting as I do in my own living room. I understand you suffer from agrophobia but have you tried going to a meeting?

GA is all about 'self-help' there are no teams of doctors ready waiting to analyse and conjure up a diagnosis and administer a cure for this illness. The help within GA comes from the individual and others in the same situation sharing their experiences to help each other.

I made many excuses why I could not do what was being suggested to me, probably because I was nieve and still a slave to my addiction.

The GA Fellowship is all about meetings. The chatroom and this forum are merely minor parts of something much larger.

Big Dave (Eastcote/Uxbridge)
All the details and more on the main ga page...

BigDave

Meetings vary in size with some having as little as only a handful of members. It really is hit or miss when it comes to numbers.

If you click on the 'MEETINGS' tab at the top of the page it will take you to a list of all the meetings in the country.

I understand it is a big deal for you. Most people are extremely apprehensive about going to their first GA meeting (agrophobia or not), I certainly was. There's no harm in trying. If it proves too much for you then at least you can say you tried.

My suggestion to you would be to use the chat room. You might find that there are some members in there who go to your nearest meeting/s and can let you know what sort of attendance they have. Or, you may even find that they would be more than happy to meet up with you for an initial chat.

Big Dave (Eastcote/Uxbridge)