Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
re ga
Hello, I'm Helen a compulsive gambler in recovery.
I can remember the times that in my insanity and admid my gambling that I travelled hundreds of miles in a day to gamble. One very dismal winter's day I travelled over a 125miles to go to a pawn shop to get money to pay some bills of which money I had gambled away. I went straight away to a gambling venue and lost all of that money as well and then had to drive home in the dark another 125 miles and not only that but was caught speeding and fined. So today if I sometimes feel that it's too cold or too far to a meeting I remember those 'bad' days and know that I need to get to a GA meeting. I call this my 'medicine' and need at least 1 meeting a week to help me recover.
Thank you for listening.
Your friend in recovery - Helen
Hi helen, i read always yours comments and advices and you, like andy, dave ,roy, you are all the examples for me and the living proof that we can to stop gambling.
I'm living in France, a little town, there's not meetings for compulsive gamblers and my only help is the forum of GA.
Thanks for be always there; today, only today, i don't gamble.
Hi Kinnor, Sorry to hear that you are not close to a GA meeting and it must be hard for you but we are here for you. Just do it 'one day at a time'. Compulsive gambling is a serious illness and affects all aspects of our lives.
You take care and come back and let us know how you are
Your friend in the GA fellowship
Helen