Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first day
Hi, let me tell you, you have come to the right place, but equally you must get to a meeting. I can only say from the meetings that i have attended there is always a female presence at them. This disease worries not about creed, colour, gender etc. Meetings throughout the country may take on slightly different formats but the message is the same, we all have a desire to rid ourselves of the baffling incidious disease/addiction. Attending meetings is the fundamental base of recovery. There are no quick fixes it takes effort, energy and enthusiasm. Please get to a meeting where you will be given the tools to tackle this.
You will be given various pieces of advice about what you should do to assist with your recovery. To me GA is the most important thing in my life as without it, i would not have a life.

Remember Just for today i will not gamble

Good luck and keep posting

Your friend in GA - Gary
Hi Wendy, Great choice you have made. Going through the doors of GA for the first time can be daunting but after you have listened to the others sharing you wont feel so alone and you will realize that these people are exactley like you. This addiction can take us to a lot of places that we never thought possible. When I was actively gambling, I lied, stole, cheated and did some terrible other things to support my habit. I attend GA meeting at least once a week and sometimes I am the only woman there but as someone else said on here, 'this illness does no discriminate, it neither cares if you are male or female, black, yellow, white or bindle, young or old'.
Embrace the program Wendy and if you don't think it's for you, you have a choice. I know which one I would rather have.
I love my GA family and always know that if I am experiencing problems I can ring someone and they will understand!
Regards
Helen GA Australia