Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The inner chimp
Hi,

First post here. I am an aspiring poker player in my early twenties and have had some success. My problem comes with side games; in general, I am a winning player at online and live poker. My issue lies that I am not scare to put large 4 figure sums on the spin of the wheel and blackjack and also things like dog racing. Just wondering if anyone else is in thes ame situation . People usually just say, step away when your losing ; but there's an animal inside that completely changes your mindset and I can't go back to thinking as I would if I was having a beer with friends. The hardest thing in the world is to change that thought process. MY biggest problem is I love playing poker and I don't by any stretch of the imagination want to give this up. I have spent 4-5 dedicating most of my time to this game , which I strongly have a passion for . I just Cba being broke all the time as it's effecting me socially and it's getting in the way of me of succeeding
It's crazy , one minute your playing and the next minute I only get my mind back in place when I'm being shafted.

My issue is I don't really want to stop gambling I just want to be more controlled ? Which I am finding to be harder than stopping gambling altogether . Sick habit
How can you be 'more controlled' if you're a compulsive gambler?! Also if you don't want to stop entirely why would you come to a site like this i.e. for addicts?

I am a little confused.

Big Dave (Eastcote/Uxbridge/High Wycombe)