Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First timer
Hi Mike,

As a man who had no real emotion whilst gambling, over 2 years in recovery has changed me, I've actually cried reading your story mate, and I was able to put myself in your shoes. I lost 2 long term relationships to gambling, and a house, the fact that my wife stayed with me when it all came to head 2 years ago is a miracle, but she has quite openly said that if we hadn't already been married with one kid already and another on the way, she too would have been off.

Gambling addiction really does push you to do things that you wouldn't even consider in "sound mind" and working on recovery can certainly give you that. You may not get back what you have lost, but you certainly change the script from here on. Consider getting to you nearest meeting and even further afield, start working the recovery program with a sponsor, and the changes can really be felt. Whilst working on recovery, one day at a time, gambling doesn't happen.

Wishing you well

Simmo
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.

Messages In This Thread
First timer - by mikewise89 - 05-04-2018, 08:50 PM
RE: First timer - by smartie - 06-04-2018, 09:54 AM
RE: First timer - by Simmo - 06-04-2018, 03:17 PM