Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My addictions and my obsessions were a form of self abuse and a way of escaping.
Hi

The recovery program for me was a non religious healing process from the pains trauma and suffering of my life

My conscience is spiritually based.

What would cause to me to against my own conscience against my own spiritual values. 

Fear was an unhealthy reaction to people life and situations where I would lie steal hurt myself and other people.

The recovery program was not going to stop me gambling, that was going to me my own choice.

Only once I admitted to myself that my addictions and obsessions were very unhealthy would I both want and need to stop.

Only once I stopped talking about money and my addictions would I start to talk about myself agive therapies from the heart.

You will often hear people admit to hurting so many people yet would not admit to hurting them self.

If I was not able to talk about the abuse in my child hood and how much pain I had not healed, if I was not willing or able to admit my pains I could not heal from them.

Every time I went back to gambling I wanted less to go back to the meetings.

Yet that was important, no matter when you last bet was going back to meetings was my only hope.

The healthy people in the meetings wanted to see me no matter when my last bet was.

The healthy people in the recovery program will not push religion on you.

The healthy people in the recovery program will not bully or manipulate me.

The healthy people in the recovery program would be nurturing and encouraging to an dmy recovery.

The healthy people in the recovery program will not take any credit for your success and healthy recovery. 

The recovery program was going to help me face myself.

The recovery program was going to help me face all of my fears.

The recovery program was going to help me be the healthiest person I can be today.

Love and peace toe very one

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham

Messages In This Thread
My addictions and my obsessions were a form of self abuse and a way of escaping. - by gadaveuk - 09-11-2019, 06:22 AM