Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 weeks i think
my name is luke and i am a compulsive gambler. i posted on the share stories before the website changed. i havent gambled for i think 6 weeks now give or take a week. it feels good to have lasted this long. i am thinking about gambling less and do not feel the urge or the desire to place a bet. i am by no way through this, i have a long way to go but feel i can do this.
i take it one day at a time i find that is the best way to do it. i tell myself all i have to do is last til i go to bed.
an example of this happened recently i was on a bus to a local town. i knew there was a bookies near the bus stop i was due get off at. knowing this and with money in my pocket my brain started to think of different ways of betting. 10 mins to go and i was still thinking about the bets. i had a choice get off the bus and bet or not. i decided not to an phoned a friend to pick me up from the bus stop.
this was so empowering i felt i finally got one over on the bookies and gambling. i was able to enjoy myself that evening in the pub with myfriends. i know what the outcome would have been if i hadnt have made the call.

Messages In This Thread
6 weeks i think - by luke - 27-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Re: 6 weeks i think - by David Barnsley - 27-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Re: 6 weeks i think - by Steve - 01-01-2010, 03:21 PM