Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the Brink of divorce...
Thanks for the Post
I have attended my first GA Meeting and got some books from this to read through: It amazed me how accurate these books were as to my personality traits and shortcomings that led to the gambling.
I feel better for admitting my problem to my parents, siblings and close relatives as well as even my boss who have all been very supportive.
I am now 14 days since gambling in any fashion and feel better for it although I still get a "burning" in my chest when I think about scratch cards or lotto.
I have made a promise to my wife that I will beat this and prove to her she can trust and respect me once more, and am on the way to this by keeping receipts for everything I buy and simply not going into shops with scratch cards in at this early stage to avoid the temptation- although I feel strong on that front because I know I have but one chance to fix the mess I have made and move back in with my wife and 3 children and be the Husband and Dad that they deserve - not the useless gambler they have had for the past 2 years.
Thanks again all.

Messages In This Thread
On the Brink of divorce... - by Guest - 30-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Re: On the Brink of divorce... - by Rob H - 30-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Re: On the Brink of divorce... - by Guest - 05-01-2010, 10:47 AM