Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Gamblers Anonymous Help where we live
Dear John,

Taking your comment literally - there is no Gamblers Anonymous (GA) where we live - you are quite right, unless you actually live in one of our meeting rooms there won't be! However, if you are willing to travel a bit (maybe a few miles, maybe further all depending where you live) you can get to one. Attending will be well worth the effort - it was for me, today I have a new life.

No, GA does not offer online counselling.

GA is staffed entirely by volunteers who have varying levels of experience of gambling. I myself have no personal "hands on" experience of the new 'virtual' machines in the bookies. I have plenty of experience (wasted time and money) in the bookies and arcades. By attending a "real" GA meeting you will find people who gambled on your "medium" of choice and who now no longer need to do so. These are ordinary people from all walks of life. The invitation is there to join them and begin to start your recovery to a new life. Please take it.

There is no substitute for meetings.

'Poster' David (Barnsley)

Messages In This Thread
No Gamblers Anonymous Help where we live - by boblat - 25-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Re: No Gamblers Anonymous Help where we live - by Guest - 26-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Re: No Gamblers Anonymous Help where we live - by Poster David - 07-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Re: No Gamblers Anonymous Help where we live - by Donkey - 13-04-2010, 06:46 PM