Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I stop??
Hi I think I have now concluded I am addicted to playing fruit machines. I am 42 years old single & work full time I have two dependant children and have my own property which is almost paid for. Sounds good but no it isn't I am spending my wage within the first week of being paid. Although I make sure I have all the food needed I don't always pay the bills I should be. This addiction started around 7 years ago when I used to regularly go away to a caravan site I got into playing the fruit machines. I then got into a relationship with a guy who introduced me to the arcades in the town centre. I had never been in one up until then which was about 12 months ago. He also took me into the bookies and again I had never bothered before that. I am not trying to shift the blame here I am the one with the issues and I am an adult and take respoonsibility for my own actions.

I am now at a point where by I feel if I don't stop then I will risk losing everything I have worked for. Prior to pay day I convince myself I am not going anywhere near the arcades or bookies but I do and then I get into tryiong to win back what I lose and so the cycle begins and before long my money has gone and I borrowiing here there and everywhere. The truth is I HATE MYSELF for what I have become and for lying to family when I need to borrow cash. I want to stop and I want to stop immediatly how succesful are the meetings? Is there anything I should do to help me stop please any help would be so much appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Messages In This Thread
How do I stop?? - by Guest - 02-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Re: How do I stop?? - by Guest - 03-02-2010, 10:51 AM