Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please give me some advice
Hiya,

I've just joined this site, and I've left a post called "addicted student". I am still a student, and place the occassional football bet, which I find harmless as I only put a pound or two on. My real problem and downfall is slot machines, roulette and other slots. I play them in the bookies and online. I too have lost a lot of money, I spend a lot of my bursary (I am a student nurse and get a monthly bursary) most of which I spend on all types of gambling, when actually I am supposed to live off that money. I also lose all my money, and then when I have money I try to win more to try and re-coup my losses. I feel sick when i know I am losing money, but I continue to play telling myself I'll win and I never do. My parents opened a bank statement of mine which shows only half the amount of money I have credited online, and they were disgusted and they only knew they half of it, I know if they knew how much I was spending they'd be furious. I recently got compensation for an accident I was involved in and I have used hundreds of it to fund my habbit, where as it should be money that I enjoy and spend on decent things, as it was money I recieved from unfortunate circumstances.

I know exactly how u feel, gambling starts off as a buzz, and when you win it feels fantastic, and it makes you feel as though you can win more and more, I've lost so much money which as a student I just haven't got. I only joined this site last night, so Im waiting for some advice on my own post, I am considering attending a meeting, which maybe you should consider too. I have read previous posts on here, explaining how effective the meetings are.

Just remember your not alone, I am completely addicted and I feel ashamed, but I'm hoping to beat this addiction, and I hope you can too!

Becky x

Messages In This Thread
Please give me some advice - by D1984 - 04-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Re: Please give me some advice - by Guest - 05-02-2010, 10:14 AM