Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice to a gambler's partner please
Hello Maria, Helen here, a recovering compulsive gambler. Compulsive Gambling is a very baffling illness to the gambler and to the outsider. Usually the compulsive gambler wants to stop but finds that they can't and all the losses lead to the next bet and on the merry-go-round goes.
Without out a GA meeting I would have been lost and it's the only thing I know that would have worked for me. On this website there are live meetings and maybe you can contact GA administartion and get some literature that could be beneficial to you and your husband. The main thing is that your husband wants to stop and can admit that his gambling has become uncontrollable and he needs help. There are certain things that you can do and that is to take over control of the money and cards but if he is not willing there is not much else you can do. Talk with him in a rational manner and see what he wants.
Come back anytime and let us know how you are or if you need further help.
Helen GA Australia

Messages In This Thread
Advice to a gambler's partner please - by Maria MKF - 05-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Re: Advice to a gambler's partner please - by Poster David - 06-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Re: Advice to a gambler's partner please - by Guest - 07-02-2010, 05:26 AM
Re: Advice to a gambler's partner please - my thanks - by Maria MKF - 07-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Re: Advice to a gambler's partner please - by kate - 08-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Re: Advice to a gambler's partner please - by Maria MKF - 12-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Re: Advice to a gambler's partner please - by Wee_vee - 18-02-2010, 10:05 PM