Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't stop alone
Thankyou Darren, it is heartbreaking to hear that all of these stories sound so familiar..I guess its the illness and with the gambling it has to be lies, lies, hurt and no trust. Whether I get one more chance I really don't know (all depends if I can lie myself out of this somehow) but I know this has to stop. For my wife and kids yes but more importantly for me - going to bed and cannot sleep dreaming about that "big win" which would sort all this mess out, borrowing more money, thinking all the time about getting more money to finance the next bet, etc, etc. Its a pitiful existance and one I have had enough of. All I ever wanted in life was to be happy, married to a great girl and have a couple of beautiful kids and I have all of that so why I want to risk losing it all is crazy. It is this little voice that gets into your head saying to "have a bet, you will win this time" but I have to find a way of living with this illness and I will. I ought to try GA again but feel I have let them down so many times..I know this would not be the case and maybe thats the addiction coming out again ?!! Anyway, thankyou again for your reply and I sincerely hope it can work out for you, please don't go back gambling as the results is always the same. I will keep you all updated. My name is Nick, I am and always will be a compulsive gambler.

Messages In This Thread
I can't stop alone - by nick - 19-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Re: I can't stop alone - by Guest - 20-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Re: I can't stop alone - by Txtornado61 - 20-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Re: I can't stop alone - by Guest - 20-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Re: I can't stop alone - by nick - 21-02-2010, 08:32 PM