Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My son is a gambler
Hi Margaret, I'm in the same position and its so scarey. My son also gambles, he works hard and is also a pro athlete, yet he will spend everything he earns at the bookies. I've bailed him out numerous times, even paid his debts off. He's lost his g/friend through his addiction. I've been in control of his Bank card, yesterday he demanded it back, and within forty minutes he was broke again, with nothing to live on for the next month. As he dosent live with me, I told him to go. I'm a pensioner and I cannot afford to keep him anymore. In the past I have fed him and given him money to run his car, feed himself when he's at work. I cant do it anymore.. the stress that he creates for himself is unreal. He wants to kick the habit, but he can't do it alone. I have found GA meeting for him, I hope he goes!! There's only so much we Mums can do, I feel as if I haven't done him any favours by helping him out in the past, but what do you do when you're child's mind is in turmoil. I wish you all the luck in the world Margaret with your son, hope he turns that corner.

Messages In This Thread
My son is a gambler - by Margaret - 22-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Re: My son is a gambler - by Guest - 23-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Re: My son is a gambler - by MA - 29-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Re: My son is a gambler - by Worried Mum - 31-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Re: My son is a gambler - by gaynor - 20-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Re: My son is a gambler - by Marc - 24-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Re: My son is a gambler - by Barrieexgambler - 25-09-2010, 06:40 AM