Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally ready to stop after 5 years !!
Hello everyone,
I am a 28 year old female who is married to a fantastic man with 2 amazing children.It has taken me 2 years to have the courage to join this forum and i now feel that its time to STOP GAMBLING and face up to my addiction
It all started 5 fives ago when i involved in a serious car accident which has left me with 6 slipped discs and a spinal disease plus other problems with my hips and shoulders for life.I have had to give up work as a result from my injurys and when i found that i bored sat at home i started to gamble on line.I never gamble apart from online but i found it stared with the on bingo or online fruit machines that led to a problem of hundreds lost a week. At first i had a few good wins but guess what !!...shocker i lost it all again and at the same time totalled a debt of thousands on credit cards.
I first told my grandmother about it last year and i hate to admit it but she payed all my credit card debts off and i have been repaying her every month to pay off my debts i owe her. For a while i managed not to gamble but over the last 6 months since i have been in and out of court due to my car compensation payout for in my injurys,i have found myself gambling heavily again.Im not sure if its all the stress but i have totalled another debt on credit cards plus spent another large ammount from my personnal bank account. Im an absolutely disgusted with my self and totally ashamed of what i have done..i feel sick and depressed everyday.
Yesterday though i hope was a turning point. I gambled hundreds in one hour on online fruit machines and i physically burst into tears in front on my husband and told him everything.He knew that i gambled as i never hid it from him but i did hide how much i gambled as we have seperate bank accounts.I use to tell him that i spent the odd few pounds on bingo but last night i showed him all my statements including the thousands i owe on my credit card.
He was very angry with me but at the same time so supportive and understanding.He says that he will stand by me as he loves me so much but that i need to get help and fast.Luckily i have never gambled household money so we are not behind in any household bills or with our mortgage which was a huge relief to my husband i can tell you.
My husband has now taken my credit card off me and is in charge of all my bank statements so he will know if i have been gambling.Also he has put monitors on the computer that has blocked me from being able to gamble online.I feel like a child but i dont care as this is what i want.
I know this is going to be so hard but i dont want to be addicted to gambling anymore..i think i have had to get to this point to realise how bad and out of control this problem that got.

I hope and pray that i will have the strength to stay away from gambling FORVER
Thankyou so much for listening xx

Messages In This Thread
Finally ready to stop after 5 years !! - by Guest - 16-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Re: Finally ready to stop after 5 years !! - by Guest - 19-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Re: Finally ready to stop after 5 years !! - by Guest - 19-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Re: Finally ready to stop after 5 years !! - by Guest - 20-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Re: Finally ready to stop after 5 years !! - by carlonvi - 12-05-2010, 02:07 PM