Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NOTHING IS WORKING - Feels like death is the only way
Hi csteak

I am a Compulsive Gambler. Suicide is not the way out of this mess.

I attempted suicide in January 2009. Failed miserably!
After a lot of soul searching I realised that it was not the right decision to make. Sure, I wouldn't be around, so my problems, my anguish would be over...But who would have to clean up the financial mess I had left behind? Not to mention the emotional problems the loss would have caused.. Your loved ones do not deserve that.

Free counselling sessions are avaliable in the UK. I will send you a private message re this.

Sleepless nights, self loathing, scared of hearing the postie....we have all been through that.
The solution is to stop gambling. I know it isn't easy, but that is the only solution.
GA can help with your gambling problem. You will meet fellow revovering gamblers who will be able to share with you their experiences on their road to recovery. They will aslo be able to offer you the help & support that you need. Their only qualification is that they are/were gamblers. As such, they have done the same as you (more or less), so they will be able to relate to the problems you are now/will be facing in the future.

Anonymity. When I walked into my first GA meeting I was anonymous. I have been attending for 16 months now and I am still anonymous. Yes my fellow GA members know my name, and have my phone number if they need to call me for help. But they are the only people who know that I am attending GA, apart from my family. You don't have to tell anyone you don't want to.
If you are really concerned, introduce yourself as "JANE" or "LUCY" etc.... The GA members do not care what name you give yourself....they are there to help themselves & others recover from this addiction.

Best wishes
Roy

Messages In This Thread
Re: NOTHING IS WORKING - Feels like death is the only way - by andy the loser again - 21-05-2010, 07:59 AM
Re: NOTHING IS WORKING - Feels like death is the only way - by Criaig Admin - 21-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Re: NOTHING IS WORKING - Feels like death is the only way - by Guest - 21-05-2010, 01:44 PM