Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my story
hi, thanks so much for the advice. my mother and girlfriend now know about my problem and are unbelievably supportive, i think deep down my mother knew and shes aware it takes courage to own up to an addiction. ive not gambled since ive visited this site, the stories of others are not only heartbreaking to see but they really put things in to perspective on how this illness destroys lives. believe me i know its a long road but i feel confident i can do this and i know the support of others is crucial - actually talking to people and realising its an illness and not a sad existence that controls this gives me strength, im more focused than ever to beat this. i felt so embarrassed to talk to people but telling them has given me hope and a determination to not to let them down. i no longer feel alone with the world on my shoulders.. please if anyone is reading this and battling it alone ,speak out it helps so much. admitting i have a problem has been the key for me.. i know i speak as if its easy but believe me i know it isnt, its just i havent felt so confident in a long time.. thanks for listening and ill be back tomorrow without fail..

Messages In This Thread
my story - by crada - 30-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Re: my story - by Guest - 31-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Re: my story - by crada - 01-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Re: my story - by Guest - 02-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Re: my story - by crada - 22-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Re: my story - by Guest - 23-06-2010, 09:55 AM