Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's all gone too far
Hi there,

I am a bloke in his 20s and i have gambled since i was 16, started on scratch cards, fruit machines and then once i was old enough i moved onto going to the bookies. I have gambled now for 6 years and it seems to be getting worse, as i use gambling as am way to escape the boredom of my life. Today I have hit an all time low, where i have gambled away from rent money and i have realised that it's gone too far. I will go to the bookies most days after work, often not leaving until i lose everything i have. In the past year i have started gambling online, so i am basically always gambling. Knowone knows of how bad my addiction is, i don't feel i can tell anyone as i feel it makes me look week. I have found gambling is wrecking my social life as i will play fruit machines in nightclubs when everyone else is enjoying themselves. My job is minimum wage and i am trying to save as i want to move to australia as i think i need to start a new life and hopefully that will excite me and replace the need to gamble. I have read the thoughts of others and i tihnk going to the meetings is probably my best option of escaping. I can't go for another month though as I don't get paid and i need to find the rent money before i think about paying for train fares. Any opinions on my situation or help and i would be grateful

Messages In This Thread
It's all gone too far - by Guest - 17-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Re: It's all gone too far - by Guest - 18-06-2010, 11:23 AM