Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice Needed from Gamblers / Families please
Hi Doolybird and also Julie, Thank you for your posts. I am acompulsive gambler in recovery through the 12 steps of GA.
I can imagine how terrible it is to live with a gambler. I lost several 'good' relationships and some not so good through gambling.
I acted exactely how you described your partners whilst I was bailed out and given more money to pay debts and then to gamble more. You both have children to care for and need to protect yourself and your children from this destructive behaviour. It can cause untold mental problems for you and your children. You must protect your finances and take full control of your possessions.
Do not let your partners try to black mail you. i.e. I will never do it again!, You don't love me! Just give me one last chance! etc. etc.
Take yourself along to a Gamanon meeting this is for the partners, family etc of gamblers.
Take care
regards
Helen

Messages In This Thread
Advice Needed from Gamblers / Families please - by Dollybird - 08-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Re: Advice Needed from Gamblers / Families please - by helen - 18-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Re: Advice Needed from Gamblers / Families please - by Grimer - 20-07-2010, 09:11 PM