Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
neeeed help!
hi my name is dave im 27 and have been gambling for around 10 year in the time i estimate i have lost a lot of money. Just riting this makes me feel sick! im not rich i have an avarage salary which makes losing this money all the worse!

My story starts when i was around 16 or 17 a trip to the local bookies with my friend to bet on horses and dogs i also lost money on fruit machines but i believe from that first day in the bookies i was hooked. my gambling levels have generally increase the more money i have earnt, i have spent my life lying and being decietfully to the people that love me the most i have two failed long term relationships due to my gambling.

At my lowest point i was using my girlfriend at the times bank card to get my fix online and hiding bank statments getting loans just to fund my habit as i say it was mainly horses and dogs which also moved on to football with roulette thrown in for good measure but i also needed my fix after theses all finished late at night so i moved on to american sports, sports which i had no clue about betting large amountsof which i didnt have!

Throughout my gambling life there have been times when ive gone a month or two without gambling ive tried to remove the temptation by selling my laptop, other people controlling my finances but i had got so good at lying and being decitfull i think the people close to me never really knew how bad it was so in the end i just sunk back into it.

Ive always been massively defensive about my gambling attacking people that have dared to question where i have been or where my moneys gone, i need to let my barriers down and confront this.
this is the furthest i have ever gone in combating my problem i have a tendency to put things off and sweep things under the carpet but i know this wont go away so hopefully this will be the first step in the road to recovery!

Anyone wishing to share there storys or has any advice i would love to hear it.
Thanks for reading, Dave

Messages In This Thread
neeeed help! - by davep - 25-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Re: neeeed help! - by A wife - 25-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Re: neeeed help! - by Guest - 25-10-2010, 09:55 PM