Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Have had enough!!!!!!!
Hello Cat, I am a compulsive gamble in recovery. To get well through GA you have to work the 12 steps and then repeat them over and over. it's a beautiful, simple program but unfortunately some people come along looking for the magic cure!! Therefore I would say that your husband may be going to meetings but not working on the program. I, unfortunately lost 3 husbands and many relationships and family throughout my compulsive gambling illness, but I have regained much more back since I stopped. Today I live in peace, tranquility and have the tools to deal with anything that may step in the way of my recovery. Only you can make up your mind about your future with this man, but unless he gets serious about his illness and recovery nothing will change unfortunately it probably will only get worse! I have never been to a Gamanon meeting but this is for the partner's etc of compulsive gamblers and it may help you to decide or to deal with your husband's illness.
I wish you well in your future and hope your husband gets the right help that he needs!
Helen

Messages In This Thread
I Have had enough!!!!!!! - by Cat - 02-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Re: I Have had enough!!!!!!! - by helen - 03-11-2010, 01:59 AM
Re: I Have had enough!!!!!!! - by Barrieexgambler - 04-11-2010, 04:52 AM
Re: I Have had enough!!!!!!! - by cat - 22-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Re: I Have had enough!!!!!!! - by Barrieexgambler - 23-11-2010, 02:46 AM