Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The life in the eye's of a gambler .....
Hey everyone,
Here's my story:
Started off gambling lightly around about 2 years ago, it all started off on the small jackpot fruit machines ... as you know they are everywhere (cinema, arcades, sea side resorts etc) only just harmless fun, so i thought!
So as time progressed i noticed i seemed to be plowing more & more money into these machines with bugger all return. This is where it all started to go badly wrong ... i moved onto the bigger jackpot fruit machines where i ended up putting in hundreds for not more than a handful of coins in return. My decision for moving upto the bigger machines was mainly down to joining a fruit machine forum & watching member's videos of them winning serious money off these machines on youtube. My mind was obviously working overtime & i soon realised that no.1 i became a compulsive gambler & 2. i was living each day at a time wondering how i was going to pay off the money i gambled & living off literally nothing in my bank account!

About 3 months ago i decided enough was enough because i had to come clean to my gf with the financial situation i was in & knew that thing's had gone too far. I managed to get through 2 months without gambling or maybe slightly more, i felt on top of the world ... no more feeling depressed all the while, constantly worrying where your next fix was & what money i was going to use to cover it!
Unfortunately thing's took a nasty turn again, my mates 21st down weston super mare seen me end up back in one of it's arcades. I ended claiming some loyalty scheme money which they had running which i asked the attendant to stick in the rainbow riches unit but cutting the story short i ended with money in the bank & back came the thought of been able to do that all the time (Even though this was my first in thousands of money being put into these horrid machines!).
The urge had came back & i had that feeling of being invincible, that feeling of knowing you know how to win on the machines & how to beat them!
Well i had several more loses on the follow upto last night, which i would call my final saga.
I was driving back home from the gym, minding my own business & had this sudden urge to have a flutter, so i pull onto this local pub car park & ended up blowing quite a bit of money on a dond machine for no return what so ever but what makes this 100% worse was that, i was so fixed into the machine i decided to ignore all the calls from my mom, gf etc... for the 2 hours i was playing this machine which ended up with the police looking for me. (Everyone thought i had been kidnapped or commited suicide!)

I eventually walked out of this pub at around 11.00 o'clock to randomly see my mom pull up, I knew i had been caught red handed but still persisted in lying & making up a story as to why i was on there with not answering my phone for the 2 hours. Well let's say the least, i was in for a long questioning when i got home & a epic grilling.

I feel loads better now that it's out in the open & i can now look ahead in life to the road of recovery, it also feels better to finally admit to everyone that i have a serious problem. I am determined to sort it & will be attending the worcester meeting from now on every tuesday!

Any advice on helping me through these tough times would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Glenn.

Messages In This Thread
The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by babybluemaxer - 17-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by helen - 19-11-2010, 06:06 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by Barrieexgambler - 23-11-2010, 12:41 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by Guest - 23-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by Barrieexgambler - 24-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by Barrieexgambler - 01-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by Barrieexgambler - 09-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by cleo - 02-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by wzpbqnzkd - 19-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by barrieexgambler - 28-09-2011, 05:16 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by Guest - 01-10-2011, 03:01 AM
Re: The life in the eye's of a gambler ..... - by barrieexgambler - 07-10-2011, 07:46 AM