Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being a partner of Gambler
Hi All,

I am posting this message as I feel like I really need to talk to someone and get this off my chest. My husband's been heavily into gambling on the horses for the last 3 years. realised about a year and half ago that he had a real problem but he has been unable to see it.

I have had to put up with him taking money from my bank account, gambling our mortgage money and just getting paid from work and spending his wages within about a week.

Also he's not the man i met 10 years ago. He's moody and becioming very scary when he's had a drink.

I told him about 3 weeks ago that it was all over and I couldn't take any more. From this, he now reckons he's finally seen that he's got a problem and he is not wanting to lose me and our little girl.

He's since joined a GA meeting and his attitude seems to have change.

The problem now is me! I don't trust him and feel so angry and hurt about what's gone on i just don't seem to be able to get the mindset that because he's now at GA I have to forgive and forget all. I guess what I am asking is how did all you other partners handle things? I am truly struggling!! I feel bad as i know he needs my support but on the other hand a lot of damage as been done.

I look forward to receiving your stories.

Thanks

Debbie

Messages In This Thread
Being a partner of Gambler - by white - 13-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Re: Being a partner of Gambler - by Barrieexgambler - 18-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Re: Being a partner of Gambler - by upset wife - 20-12-2010, 07:00 PM