Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
last chance
hi
big dave an chris,thanks to both of you for your advice and chris you are absolutely right;they dont have my money as you say i gave it to them,i think i,m still angry and wanting to blame someone else as usual.well i attended my first meeting last night and first of all can i sincerly thank all the members present for welcoming me with open arms and making me feel relaxed and not judging me.the meeting seemed to fly past but i listenend to the other members views intently and can honestly say that so much of their experiences were real situations i could emotionaly connect with and feel their pains guilt and embarrassment.indeed i got an opportunity to briefly say my story and i now thank god and pray that this is the begining of my journey to recovery.despite telling the room what disgusting and cowardly things i,ve done whilst engaging in reckless selfish gambling in the bookies i actually felt better while driving home.i know this weekend will be difficult for me not to gamble as there are so many sporting events taking place but as yet i have resisted the temptation of looking at the odds comparison websites.decided i am going to go to another meeting next friday but equally know the days until then are going to be difficult days.once again many thanks to all who read and responded to my post.
brian,compulsive gambler.last bet april 14,2011.

Messages In This Thread
last chance - by shazza71 - 14-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Re: last chance - by shazza71 - 15-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Re: last chance - by Guest - 15-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Re: last chance - by shazza71 - 16-04-2011, 09:13 AM