Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON!
Hi,

My name's Ron, and I have been an addicted gambler for as long as I can remember. I have always denied it to myself, as I only gambled on fruit machines and never had the inclination to gamble on anything else. However, over the last twenty years, I have lost more and more and never once equated gambling with winning. It was always an excuse to lock myself away from the world when things got too stressful. I have spent so much money that instead of having a comfortable life with my family, I now stand on the brink of losing everything.
I have tried counselling over the years, and also self restraint, but although they have worked for a little while I have always been pulled back in. It's almost like I need to be on the brink of catastrophe before I realise what I am doing to myself and others. Having attended one GA meeting many years ago, I tried to justify not going again by snobbishly claiming I was not like them. What a load of old tosh! I am no different, better or worse, than anyone who has seen their life wrecked by this affliction.
I have decided to go to the Uxbridge meeting on my way home next week, and try to change my life for the better for once and for all. I hope I have the courage to walk through the door and take that step, as reading some of the comments on here makes me feel there is still hope for me.

thanks for giving me the impetus, just pray I can see it through.

Ron

Messages In This Thread
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by nighttimer - 01-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by nottingham2009 - 01-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by nottingham2009 - 01-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by cleo - 03-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by nick swindon - 05-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by cleo - 05-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by xknrprfpm - 30-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by Guest - 31-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by Martin23 - 08-06-2011, 05:25 PM