Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON!
Thank u Dave for this post .
My name is Martin and I am and will always be a compulsive gambler. I too have seen many people who come to this chat room and give pathetic excuses for not going to a GA meeting. In my 12 years in GA i have seen people stop coming after attending 1 or 2 meetings. I have also seen many people ( including myself) gamble after weeks/months/years of not gambling. Sadly all these people (me included) suffer more misery and pain.
I think attending GA meetings and staying involved , helping others , especially new comers , is a must for any one who wants to stop gambling . But for some like me , need more help to practice 12 steps of recovery in our daily lives then just sitting in GA meeting or few calls in between meetings. i believe that key for preventing relapses ( starting to gamble for some trivial reason) is to practice 12 steps daily in our lives --- this resulted a major change in my character and the way i think and live. Self hatred, guilt , remorse at losing so much money, time , relative , friends , health, anger, hurt ego , boredom, lack of fun/excitement were some of the triggers for my relapses ---- have been dealt with ---this needed hard home work and people in UK chat room has helped me --i came t0 this chat room 89 days ago --and have come here 4or 5 times/day every single day . i think for me i needed more help, more home work , in changing my way of thinking and living and i found it in this chat room and in practicing 12 steps of GA recovery to the best of my ability.

Messages In This Thread
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by nighttimer - 01-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by nottingham2009 - 01-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by nottingham2009 - 01-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by cleo - 03-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by nick swindon - 05-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by cleo - 05-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by Guest - 31-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Re: IF YOU WANT TO STOP GAMBLING READ ON! - by Martin23 - 08-06-2011, 05:25 PM