Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Won't go to GA
I'm just after a bit of feedback really, my partner is a very bad compulsive gambler. He has said he will stop ( as he has many times), but this time I think he means it as I have said we will be over if he doesn't as I can't continue to live like this. He has started to see a counsellor once a week for the gambling but will not go to any GA meetings. He has been to one before and just says he can't go to meetings for the rest of his life he wants to stop on his own. he supposedly has a plan, he says he will go on this website and continue his counselling. He wants to buy some shares each month so as he can look them up online but has no chance of loosing any money?

I'm in two minds, I am glad he has put effort into thinking how he can actually stop and I said if he goes to the bookies once then he must start to go to GA or we will be over as I don't believe he will be able to do it on his own. It is all very well now he is feeling determined but I am worried come the weekend of he gets bored etc he will start to think oh one bet won't hurt?

Has anyone stopped just through counselling or any other way? Surely GA can't be for everyone just as AA?

Any advice appreciated!! I so want to support him as he has made an effort but I am very dubious if this will work!

Messages In This Thread
Won't go to GA - by Guest - 17-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Re: Won't go to GA - by Guest - 20-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Re: Won't go to GA - by Guest - 23-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Re: Won't go to GA - by tommo800 - 25-05-2011, 02:31 PM