Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Won't go to GA
As others have said, this doesn't sound promising at all. I know exactly what he's doing and it's not going to end happily unless he stamps it right out, immediately. Sorry to be blunt, but that's the truth. Progress, schmogress .... I'm sorry, it doesn't matter if he gambled less than normal last weekend - he still gambled, and if he'll continue to manipulate you into thinking that's ok to any extent, then he'll continue to gamble and it will gradually get worse and worse and worse.

Compulsive gambling is progressive in its nature - if he's crossed the line whereby his gambling has become compulsive (which it clearly has, and he readily accepts this) then it will ONLY go in one direction. He cannot, and mustn't be allowed to gamble in moderation. It is black and white, there is no grey area whatsoever.

No doubt he's hurt you greatly with his gambling and even more so with his lies and deceit. The truth is that he needs to show some humility - so what if he 'doesnt want to go' to GA. For now he has to put his wants to one side. As I've read several others say, I tried and tried to find ways to stop gambling on my own. But I couldn't. It's as simple as that. GA has changed my life. Staying off gambling is easy these days for 2 reasons - I go to GA weekly and I have no access to any money. Some people don't like that idea, they find it emasculating or whatever, but again it comes back to this word - humility. He has to accept the pain he's caused you and others and to be 100% transparent. The trust won't come back overnight but as and when it does slowly, he'll feel a million times better. To coin a bit of an overused cliché - "the truth will set you free". I couldn't describe my life more aptly than that. I am a million, nay, a billion times happier than I was when I was gambling.

Good luck, I really hope your husband does the right thing and at least tries GA

Messages In This Thread
Won't go to GA - by Guest - 17-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Re: Won't go to GA - by Guest - 20-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Re: Won't go to GA - by Guest - 23-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Re: Won't go to GA - by tommo800 - 25-05-2011, 02:31 PM