Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding Step one and step two.
Paula Wrote:Thank you Paula
With warmth

Hi Paula

Thank you for sharing with me.

Recovery for me is about taking small steps one day at a time.

Simply it started with Just for today I will not gamble then, just for today I will not gamble and attend 4 – 5 meetings per week, then just for today I will not gamble attend 4 – 5 meetings per week and will not smoke, then just for today I will not gamble attend 4 – 5 meetings per week and will not smoke and will not get drunk, then just for today I will not gamble attend 4 – 5 meetings per week and will not smoke and will not get drunk and will face one fear at a time.

You say you are feeling emptiness, is that emotional trauma where you are not able to feel anything at all.

Yes often disappointment is us letting our self down and we feel guilt and shame for our unhealthy actions.

Do you think your emotions can come from a machine or gambling establishments.

Or could it be you have suppressed the pains and fears you caused yourself in the understanding that what you use to do was unhealthy to yourself and other people..

If you are able to talk your emotions out to another person you can really trust may be that would help you or maybe you are ready for counselling.

I to had a very hard time handling understanding my feelings and emotions and coping with the emotional roller coaster ride after abstaining.

Those deep seated emotional painful experiences cause lots of tears to flow.

In time as we heal the emotional scars the pain turns to sadness.

Often self pity is used in recovery programmes.

If we talk about our pains does that make us look like victims that never move on and never heal from our past.

There has not been one emotional problem resolved by gambling or getting drunk.

I to was unable to read other peoples minds, funny thing at one time I did not know anything about my mind so how did I understand some one else.

I do not control things that go on around me in my life, the only person I can and will control is my life.

The trusting of your self is a slow process. It starts with very small amounts of money fist of all.

When I turned towards addictions and obsessions I was not caring much about myself or the world.

What other people might think of me is their problem not mine.

I would think that in terms of our feelings and emotions I can say that feelings are feelings.

For me being angry is not healthy, so I process my feelings in a healthy way.

Waiting is tied up to tolerance and patience which we need to be with or self first of all.

You I have been disappointed so many times with your self may be you are asking to high expectations of your self..

Being grateful with pogress helps us appreciate our self.

I to believe in the spiritual healing program and the spiritual values I share with you all

If you are grateful then it indicates you are starting to value people and things in your life.

To show our feelings and emotions comes about when we are able to articulate how we feel and understand our emotions in a healthy way.

Love and peace to everyone Dave

Messages In This Thread
Understanding Step one and step two. - by Guest - 24-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Re: Understanding Step one and step two. - by Guest - 29-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Re: Understanding Step one and step two. - by Guest - 05-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Re: Understanding Step one and step two. - by Paula - 06-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Re: Understanding Step one and step two. - by Guest - 11-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Re: Understanding Step one and step two. - by Guest - 19-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Re: Understanding Step one and step two. - by Guest - 25-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Re: Understanding Step one and step two. - by Guest - 27-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Re: Understanding Step one and step two. - by Guest - 09-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Re: Understanding Step one and step two. - by Guest - 16-12-2011, 04:53 AM