Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie looking for advice
I went to my second meeting tonight (Monday). I thought it was going to be even harder to go as I'd had the slip on weds but despite the fact I was feeling anxious about it in the afternoon, I was ready to go without any hesitation when it got to the time I needed to set off. I also thought it was going to be very hard to admit my slip to the group but when I arrived I got talking to a couple of members that I had been talking to last week and found myself telling them about it as they asked how my week had gone. It made it that I felt both confident enough and positive enough so that I could share with the group what had happened. I am already feeling myself growing in both confidence and determination and have come away from the group tonight feeling positive and already looking forward to next week although the initial thoughts of an open meeting were very daunting. I've got a lot of encouragement tonight from different members and especially from someone on my phone list who I now feel I can call if I feel tempted or just need some encouragement. I certainly feel now that I can call if I need or want to without it being a problem which was what stopped me picking up the phone last week. It was a different atmosphere tonight. I was actually starting to wonder if maybe it wasn't going to turn out to be the right group for me when one member in particular spoke in response to the things that been being said and every single thing that was said not only made perfect sense but hit chords with things that are very close to home with me. At that moment I realised that yes I am in the right group and although I might feel unsure or uneasy from time to time, I am alwaysgoing to get more positives that negatives from it and in the long run I may even find myself more able to feel less intimidated. There are people in the group who I am already finding very approachable and that I feel I can share with in even more detail than I can with the group as a whole. I am sure though that in time I will find myself confident enough to share more details with the whole group as things progress. I am already feeling more confident than I did before going to my first meeting last week and a whole heap more confident that I did the very first time I wrote on here. I want to thank everyone for your support thus far and I'm glad that we can share with, encourage and learn from each other.

Taking every day one day at a time.

Kez

Ps sorry it all rolled into one paragraph but it all goes a bit hard to read at my end if I hit return when typing. It's my computer though so it's on the list of things to get fixed!

Messages In This Thread
Newbie looking for advice - by Rmllbzd - 26-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Re: Newbie looking for advice - by mo8865 - 28-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Re: Newbie looking for advice - by Guest - 28-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Re: Newbie looking for advice - by Rmllbzd - 29-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Re: Newbie looking for advice - by Rmllbzd - 02-09-2011, 02:17 AM
Re: Newbie looking for advice - by Rmllbzd - 04-09-2011, 01:22 AM
Re: Newbie looking for advice - by Rmllbzd - 04-09-2011, 01:28 AM
Re: Newbie looking for advice - by Rmllbzd - 05-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Re: Newbie looking for advice - by Rmllbzd - 05-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Re: Newbie looking for advice - by Rmllbzd - 05-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Re: Newbie looking for advice - by Rmllbzd - 06-09-2011, 11:03 PM