Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overcoming my addiction
Hi folks ,
Im a CG ive not had a bet since 22nd August or there abouts.ive read a lot of stories tonight and its really eye opening.
I see myself in a lot of the stories told.Ive been very strong with my willpower I even went to a famous race meeting last week and stayed strong.It wasnt easy I can tell you all.

I suppose you could you could say it was like an alcoholic in a pub or a drug addict being offered free drugs .But I stayed strong.My darling wife is aware of my addiction ,i told her everthing about my deceipt,lies ,cover stories and why I had mood swings.

We,ve now sorted out financial arrangements,I have no credit card ,am self excluded, she opens the post and has full access to my email account etc.

It has nearly ruined my family ,my wife is devastated,she doesnt trust me with anything.Thankfully Ive come to my senses after years of gambling and lying.Im determined to stay strong and shall keep you all informrd.

Please remember folks stay strong ,those with a family look around you.There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Messages In This Thread
Overcoming my addiction - by Dougal - 15-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Re: Overcoming my addiction - by slalomskiboy - 16-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Re: Overcoming my addiction - by Poster David - 17-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Re: Overcoming my addiction - by Dougal - 19-09-2011, 01:50 PM