Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Story
Hi mate,
After reading your story i felt compelled to post a reply as your story is so similar to my own story. I have always been a gambler ever since i was a young boy. I particularly loved going on holiday and playing the fruit machines. I craved the buzz and excitement of winning even then. As time went on my gambling was always under control until i started university and began recieving student loans.

As time went on my gambling addiction worsened massively. I now have large credit card debts with little income and like you i have gradually became increasingly mentally unstable. before i started university i was a happy, caring, and entusiastic person who felt positive and loved life. I was an approachable and popular person who always saw the best in people and would talk to anyone. I hated seeing people upset or unhappy and would go out of my way to cheer the person up. Over the years gambling addiction has turned me ito a completely different person. I now have all sorts of mental issues including depression, anxiety, confidence issues and sleep disorders. I am no longer enthusiastic about life and have begun to lose touch with all my friends who i care about. I have only ever told my family that i'm addicted to gambling. I now wake up every day with worry and stress. I now have to face up to the fact that i need to pay off these debts with a low income despite having a degree 2.1.

I just wish i had never been introduced to and started gambling as my life could have been so much different. I can't help feeling that life is rapidly passing me by and that my whole youth has been ruined due to this addiction. I'm now 26 so need to stop gambling before it really is too late. Gambling ruins lives! If i ever have kids, which i hope to at some stage in my life, i will make sure that they realise the evilness and effects of gambling as soon as they're old enough to understand.

At 29 you're still young enough to turn your life around but like me, i think you need to be provided with constant help and support and to attend ga meetings which i personally intend to start doing asap. I am slowly but surely self excluding myself from varios different websites. I just cant wait until the day comes, hopefully, when i find myself debt free and with no access to gambling so that i can re-start my life. I sincerely wish you all the best mate.

Messages In This Thread
My Story - by Guest - 23-09-2011, 05:28 AM
Re: My Story - by Rmllbzd - 28-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Re: My Story - by Vincentpi - 28-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Re: My Story - by astuartDral - 01-10-2011, 02:46 AM