Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help.
Hi Marko,
Please note this has NEVER been shared by me neither at GA or in reality to others.

I have read your posts for quite some time and im sure you have read mine. Roll back the years till I was 21...the sink in my dingy apartment was full of mouldy knives and forks...my washing strewn everywhere I had lost the plot.

My bedroom walls were covered in writing about those I hated, poems, many things, my clothes were in bags and I slept next to the gas fire as the electric was usually out.

Friends....what friends...my friends became rogues...

roll forwards...6yrs....The fiancee returns home after leaving me....im laid on the floor...crying my eyes out....my soal has been destroyed....she says "your not seeing the girl who called you DAD for many yrs"

the next day I heard two songs that stuck in my mind and I want to share.

The first is "better man" by robbie williams who FYA has the words "god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change the courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference" tattood on his arm...

And the second was Oasis "stop Crying your heart out".

now I didnt for the next few yrs understand these songs or what they were saying but I can tell you now....

But after sticking two fingers in the air to gambling and living a day at a time I now know....My future wife knows that I am a Better man....because I stopped crying my heart out and said Just for today I will not gamble.

Gambling took me to my knees Marko and I know you will not hear me and my prayers for you but im sending them to say its YOU who control your own destiny.

TC Go to a meeting mate,.

Barrie

Messages In This Thread
Help. - by wangman28 - 30-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Re: Help. - by Guest - 13-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Re: Help. - by barrieexgambler - 14-10-2011, 09:20 AM