Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
its all just too much
It has been sixty days plus since my last bet and I have taken this time to think about my addiction. I don't know if I was/am addicted to roulette or just became addicted to chasing my losses. What I do know is that just over 60 days ago I said enough is enough and decided that gambling had defeated me and that I could not chase my losses anymore and had to admit that I had a debt and had to deal with it sensibly. Sixty days on and I don't worry about money the way I used to, I don't make several withdrawals from my bank account on a daily basis, I don't check my bank balance every few hours, I don't sit with a calculator every night working out how long it will take me to pay off my debt. My last bank statement was one page compared with the several pages I used to receive every month. Life without gambling is better. Life without gambling is less chaotic, it is less stressful, it is more enjoyable. Cut yourself some slack and admit gambling has beaten you but you want to get better one day at a time. Accept the debt you have and accept that you cannot change this overnight but in time you will claw your way back. In the midst of gambling madness everything appears more complicated than it actually is it is only when you stop for a short while that you realise that you are getting stronger and becoming a better, more content person every day. Good luck. Read as many stories as possible and take on as much good advice as you can and use it to your advantage.

Messages In This Thread
its all just too much - by badtimes - 18-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Re: its all just too much - by Tomso - 21-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Re: its all just too much - by Poster David - 22-10-2011, 11:49 AM