Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler.
Guys,

Wow. Am blown away with the warmth and heartfelt care I have got from your responses.
Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond and choosing your words so well.

Its amazing and reassuring we all see some of our own experiences in others when no doubt we are all very different in many other aspects of our lives. And to know you have felt many of the same emotions is already helping me move further away from the self loathing thats been eating me up. It is also giving me strength to know that with GA, I shall never be walking this path alone.

I guess in hindsight having this kind of community was the missing element of my last experience to quit - there was no one to stop me becoming complacent.

I am also embracing this one day at a time mantra. It helps to quell the panic that I can NEVER bet again and therefore NEVER get any of my money back. Forever is such a long time that I almost have a panic attack just thinking about it but just telling myself I can't go today is actually manageable.
I also love that statement about you are never any further away from your next bet. So simple and so true.

So you may have noticed from my tone that today's John is already feeling a damn sight more positive then John of 4 days ago. I'm sure some of it is early cold turkey euphoria and I know there are some VERY hard times are ahead but thanks guys for already making me feel better than I have in years.

Now to try and keep this positive attitude as I pick up the pieces of what Gambling John has left of my life!

Huge thanks again. I am really looking forward to getting to share more with you guys and you more with me.

With warmth,

My name is John - I am a compulsive gambler but for the last 4 days I have only been compulsive.

(Barrie - your Nan just received a thank you prayer from me)

Messages In This Thread
My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by Guest - 22-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Re: My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by Guest - 24-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Re: My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by barrieexgambler - 24-11-2011, 05:25 AM
Re: My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by Guest - 24-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Re: My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by Guest - 25-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Re: My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by Tomso - 25-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Re: My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by barrieexgambler - 28-11-2011, 05:16 AM
Re: My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by crazy horse gang - 29-12-2011, 05:39 PM