Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i am only 18 and addicted to the roulette machines
fromfrais,
Well done on finding this site and opening up about your addiction. I too have had addiction problems with roulette and struggled to break free from this. I used to gamble daily and like yourself often lost hundreds in one day. If I won it was never enough because I was always chasing losses. I read through as many stories on this site as possible and use the advice given by people like us who know what it is like to face such problems.
The following is a list of rules I applied at the beginning and continue to follow:
1. Admit defeat, forgive yourself and accept your losses.
2. Absolutely do not gamble on ANYTHING even if you only spend a few pounds on other games/sports.
3. Under no circumstances do I enter the bookies. Not with friends, not to use the toilet, not for anything.
4. At the beginning I didn't carry a bank card or any money other than a few pounds in loose change.
5. Be mentally positive always. You are not giving anything up on the contrary only positive things will come from not gambling.
6. I stopped looking at my bank account on a daily basis. I used to check it several times a day.
7. Visit this site every day.
8. Do not look at any betting slips or football coupons.
9. Learn everything you can about gambling addiction. In other words know your enemy.
10. Every time you think about gambling smile and rejoice. A new happy and fantastic life is about to begin.
11. Most importantly take one day at a time.

These are only the rules I have adapted to my life. Others may agree or disagree but they work for me. Perhaps other more experience posters may add rules they use to help them with their problems.

You are young and can beat this. I wish you well.

Tomso.

Messages In This Thread
i am only 18 and addicted to the roulette machines - by Guest - 28-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Re: i am only 18 and addicted to the roulette machines - by Tomson - 28-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Re: i am only 18 and addicted to the roulette machines - by m0n0p0ly - 28-11-2011, 11:23 PM