Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the start
Theda75,
Roulette is a brutal game for a compulsive gambler. I can relate to what you say about sitting in the bookies feeling paranoid whilst playing that dreadful game. I started to post on this site last August, which is when I decided I would never set foot in another bookmakers ever again. I accepted that I was powerless over roulette and gambling in general and knew then that I had to stop. I accepted my losses, drew a line under my past and moved on with an overwhelming feeling of positivity about my future. My life is so much more enjoyable without gambling that my only regret is that I didn't find this site earlier in life because the support and understanding I have taken from this site set me on my way and continues to remind me every day of the type of person I want to be and the person I used to be.

Nobody really likes to give advice but the best thing I do in my recovery is visit this site every day. I read the stories of people in recovery and the stories of people trying to recover. This is the best therapy for me. I hope it works for you too.

I wish you well.

Tomso.

Messages In This Thread
the start - by theda75 - 07-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Re: the start - by Tomso - 13-01-2012, 10:23 PM