Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 1.No bet 30th May 2013
I thought it was you Andy.

I know it is a pain when you have to weigh up whether to put petrol in the car or food on the table, but surely there was someone at the meeting you went to who could give you a lift. All meetings that I have been to there are many who car share. Or maybe you were too proud to ask, I don't know.

Anyway, there is no excuse for not attending meetings, after all, there is an online meeting in the chat room here every Thursday evening at 9pm. It is not quite the same as being at a physical meeting, but it is better than nothing.

Another option for helping to stay off is staying in contact (over the phone) to other GA members. Or, possibly even meeting up for a coffee. It only takes two people to have a meeting, and it doesn't have to be done in the conventional way to be beneficial. These 'mini' meetings have been some of the best I have had. A long chat on the phone with an individual, in the car park after a meeting, etc... They all help. Talking in general about this illness helps.

Don't lose hope Andy. However, it is up to you though to put your hand out for help.

Big Dave (Eastcote/Uxbridge)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Day 1.No bet 30th May 2013 - by BigDave - 31-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Re: Day 1.No bet 30th May 2013 - by BigDave - 01-06-2013, 10:05 AM