Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please can you help or advise
As you have already mentioned, you have broken out a few times already, so having access to your money obviously must be a problem.

You came hear asking for advice. Without knowing your entire story, and not that I know everything there is to know, there are a number of things as have already been said that are common-place when stopping gambling (and staying stopped!). There were many things that were suggested to me when I first started attending meetings that I did not adhere to. I dismissed suggestions made to me as it was too easy to come up with an excuse why I should be doing these things. The truth is it was my addiction talking and I couldn't see it.

I understand that many of the members at the meeting you attend don't contact each other, it doesn't mean you have to follow suit. If your meeting has a phone list use it. If it doesn't, get a few numbers off other members you feel comfortable talking to and phone them. We all carry an addiction around with us 24 hours a day for 7 days a week, does anyone really think that just by attending one meeting for 2 hours each week, and not putting a great deal of effort in, that the task of stopping gambling will be just plain sailing?!

I would talk about how you are struggling in your therapy at your next meeting. Ask for help at your meeting.

There is a great amount of help in GA for the struggling member (as Smartie mentioned) but it is not forced upon the individual, as I mentioned, you have to seek it out yourself. Nobody is going to do your recovery for you.

Concentrate on putting the fire out first and then maybe attempt the recovery program.

Big Dave

Messages In This Thread
Please can you help or advise - by cooty1978 - 06-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Re: Please can you help or advise - by BigDave - 06-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Re: Please can you help or advise - by cooty1978 - 06-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Re: Please can you help or advise - by BigDave - 07-12-2013, 12:22 PM