Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here - in crisis
Hi, i've finally got to the point where I have to seek help. I live alone and have a job but my income is small. My husband left me with debts to clear (they are in my name also) and I had to move to a small place with an affordable rent. That was last year and when all this started. I panicked over repaying the large debt and decided to try and win a large amount of money online gambling...
It just spiralled from there. Chasing losses, gambling higher and higher amounts even not paying rent and bills because I'd spent so much. My family helped me out at first but I continued. Why I continued was because it had become a compulsion and the need for a win to cover losses and more grew. I tried to stop but as soon as I got back onto the website I'd be hooked.
I moved thinking it would be a new start but I continued to gamble. Now I've just gambled away my entire month's wages. Nothing for food or bills or rent. I am frightened - I can't seem to control anything anymore. The debts just pile up. This is the point where I realise how stupid it is to believe you can ever win anything from this - and I feel sick to know what I've done and how I've lied to my family throughout.
I can't get to my local meeting because of bus time restrictions. Would the online meeting be enough?

Messages In This Thread
New here - in crisis - by amelie - 30-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Re: New here - in crisis - by amelie - 01-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Re: New here - in crisis - by BigDave - 01-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Re: New here - in crisis - by amelie - 01-01-2014, 04:21 PM