Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping clean.
I am now 27 days clean from the murdering disease,but things are far from good now.Due to my stroke a couple of weeks ago,life has become even more difficult,just getting up every day is a battle.Gambling hasnt even entered my mind,only for the fact that every program I ever watch on tv is hammered with gambling ads in between breaks which pisses me off,leave the alone you money grabbing .Always trying to wreck more peopleslives,not content with raping as many people as they do,the bookies want to destroy more lives.
This all ads to my underlying rage,which fortunately ive had to control as this led to my stroke the other week.
I am trying to concentrate on 1 day at a time and although I just cannot forget the last massive gambling binge I had,ive had to sweep it under the carpet and push to the back of my mind as it eats me and hurts so much especially now in my time of great need of financial help.
But at least ive had 27 days away from the BOOKIES.
Andy a compulsive gambler.
Hi Andy, glad to hear that the days without a bet are increasing. In time the anger will fade, the more you work the recovery program and the more embedded you become with GA meetings the better life will become. Hope you make a full recovery from your stroke, it's certainly a eye opener for me, I know a few that have had heart attacks too that they put down to gambling stress.

One day at a time

Simmo
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.
(17-04-2018, 03:19 PM)Simmo Wrote: Hi Andy, glad to hear that the days without a bet are increasing.  In time the anger will fade, the more you work the recovery program and the more embedded you become with GA meetings the better life will become.  Hope you make a full recovery from your stroke, it's certainly a eye opener for me, I know a few that have had heart attacks too that they put down to gambling stress.

One day at a time

Simmo

Hi yes thanks for that.Im now 32 days clean and free from the disease and things are already back on an even keel,
I have completely obliterated gambling out of my face and life.I turn off any single thing that mentions gambling,that means every single tv program,or sport event has gambling ads right in your face as soon as the breaks come on,so I turn them straight over as soon as before the scum promotor opens his mouth about betting.
I will continue to do this and fight this disease which has almost murdered me finally.I hope this time I can stay clean because that last slip was the worst slip of my life in order of pain and suffering,not to mention the financial loss and destruction.But 1 day at a time is all I have and will continue to have.
My name is Andy and I am a compulsive gambler.I am now 45 days without a bet and keeping clear of gambling has been relatively easy since I had my stroke some 5 weeks ago,all down to gambling.It has really hammered home how much of a bad way I had allowed GAMBLING to destroy me,and it almost did finally kill me off.I have kept very busy with work,non stop since it happened and although its so in your face 24/7,I turn off every single gambling advert because it makes me sick,sick to the bone that all these adverts all the time trying to lure more people like me/us to blow theyre lives away on gambling,like we have in the past.But now I am grateful that I am able to function in life and without the dirty stinking scum gambling in my life.
Hi Andy,

It's been a while since your last post, are you OK?

Wishing you well

Simmo
One day at a time.  My last bet was 15/03/2016 and I hope and pray each day that it stays that way.